Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Seeing Stutgart

With a few days in Stuttgart before Australia´s final group game against Croatia I´ve had a chance to take in some sites.

Stuttgart is home to the Porsche and as my favourite fast car I could not miss the drool fest that is the Porsche Museum. The museum houses a selection of Porsches and Porsche designed vehicles (such as the VW bug) through out the years. My favourites included the fire engine and a Stuttgart police car.

I watched a little of Germany´s game in the fan fest but there were so many people and the result seemed a foregone conclusion that I continued a self guided walking tour of some of the city´s interesting sites.

On the train home I met a South African who has been to a game every day of the World Cup so far. He chooses a game and with his Eurail pass heads for the city that morning and then to the ground to buy a ticket from a scalper. He has bought most tickets under €100. On several occasions he has picked up a category 3 or 4 ticket and then resold it to buy a category 1 or 2 ticket. He recomended that I do this with my category 4 ticket but I pointed out that I don´t like to encourage scalping. He agreed but made an interesting point that all of the tickets he had bought so far were sponsors tickets such as thiose for Addidas and Yahoo.

A few of us hit the town looking for a club after watching the Sweden England game back at our hotel. There where plenty of German fans about celebrating but I called it a night after a couple of drinks. I think the pace of my holiday is catching up with me...

2 Comments:

At 07:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah John - that's what happens after you turn 30, the pace of things catches up!
Bev

 
At 07:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how silly, not going to happen to me when I get reach 30, you keep having a blast John, age means nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home