Monday, May 15, 2006

Small world

So after a nice long lunch at an Italian Restaraunt catching up on the last few years with Phillipa I headed to the Science Museum. I didn't have long before closing so I had a look at the Space section, which sadly but not unusually, had very little astronomy and almost all space craft stuff.

I then headed down to have a look at their interactive section to steal a few ideas. I noticed one of the staff take a look at me a few times, she seemed familiar as well. I said hi and then she asked me wether I was an Circus Scholar. Now too a complete stranger ignorant of the Institution that is the Questacon Science Circus that might seem a trully bizzare question, but as there is no secret handshake for ex-circus people (or at least none that I was told about...) it remains the only wak to find out. Prue was a circus scholar in 2004 and was among that year's contingent that visited Parkes on their first tour. I gave them special treatment when they visited. She's doing the UK Science Communication thing that many scholars try. After spending a few days here I could be tempted myself.

Prue introduced me to Tamsyn, who interestingly did a months work experience at the Compact Array a few years back, with the likes of Robyn and Naomi. The people you meet! Maybe I should stop hanging around in Science Communication Ghettos like museums?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home