Tuesday, May 16, 2006

toot toot


In less than ten minutes from London's Kings Cross station we were in the country side. I don't know where London went but it dissapeared fast as we cruised along at around 200km/h. The English and Scottish countryside is every bit as beautiful as the cliched photos and movie scenes. There appears to be a lot of canola about, or at least it looked like Canola. It was interesting to see it in such an incredibly different environment to the Central West.

On the trip I had my first glimpses of Newcastle and the river Tyne, where my maternal Grandfather grew up before emmigrating to Australia. I'll be back there in about a week to find some of his old haunts.

I also saw the North Sea for the first time. Something which I will no doubt see more of over the next few weeks. Damn, didn't think to pack the swimmers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home