Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Go the gunners

This evening I went to a local Pub to watch the UEFA cup final between my team Arsenal and Barcelona. Once again the atmosphere was great but this time I was a little more with it. I shared a table with Brian the accountant from Aberdeen who was hoping that Barcelona would shred Arsenal.

We disucssed the World Cup and football generally though I contributed little to the discussion. I asked where Scottish loyalties might lie seeing they are not in the finals, jokingly suggesting that they might support England. The response was both understandable and predeictable.

I won't go into the details of the game as there is plenty of that out there except to say that Arsenal went down after a gallant effort being one man down for most of the game. Dissapointed but not dejected.

2 Comments:

At 07:42, Blogger BSharp said...

Hey johnno! Nice to see another compulsive blogger out there after my efforts on Polenta Files.

I guess you'll be over there for the world cup - lucky bugger. Did you say you were seeing an Aust Game?? I am tryign to find willing people to watch it wiht here - starting at 10.30 PM.

Also I think Eurovision is showing Sat night your time - LIVE. Check out the awesome cultural force that is the biggest tat fest in the world, following by highyly political intenational voting. Love it. -Bec Sh.

 
At 11:36, Blogger John said...

Yes, in Germany for the cup with tickets to all threwe Australian group matches but not the finals...

Eurovision is the talk on the radio today. Though the Brits generally don't take it as seriously as the Europeans. In the words on of one radio announcer when he was told that the Scottish song probably wouldn't win, "Just as well really, otherwise the contest would be coming to Edinburgh."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home