Saturday, May 20, 2006

hitting the road and movie stars

So today I picked up Shelley the Ford Fiesta for a drive around Scotland (shout out to the one who leaves me speechless for the name). So I have to adjust to a few differences in the road rules least of which are roundabouts runied by adding not one or two sets of lights but eight! I think I may have run a red light and picked the wrong lane but all is well and we survived.

I've found myself spending the evening in St Andrews, home of Golf. While at a local for some bangers and mash I noticed a couple looking at me. I was thinking maybe I had picket St Andrews' equivalent of the swingers table at the Coachie (sorry, Parkes in-joke). They were coy about looking at me but could not resist...

So the mystery was solved when a little later walking by the harbour I passed them to hear "I told you it was Paul Bettany, he's just grown a beard so we don't recognise him." Now I have been told before that I look a little like him but normally people don't expect to see him hanging around a telescope in Australia. But here he is a local. Now if only I could perfect the accent...

A little alter that night I returned to same pub to enjoy a couple of pints and some live jaz.

1 Comments:

At 03:58, Blogger John said...

I cannot provide details as I'm not into that sort of stuff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home